- Law & Order: Law enforcement must cooperate with federal immigration authorities to prevent illegal aliens from committing crimes against our citizens and spreading fear through our communities. I will ask the General Assembly for the authority to hold sanctuary sheriffs and soft-on-crime prosecutors accountable for failing to keep North Carolinians safe.
Further, I will back the blue and stand with law enforcement against radicals who try to defund the police. As North Carolina’s top cop, I will hold violent criminals accountable and prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law.
- Election Integrity: I have fought for voter ID in state and federal court. I will continue to fight until North Carolina has a voter ID requirement, which our citizens overwhelmingly support.
While radical liberal judges attack our elections, I will stand up for the rule of law and commonsense election integrity requirements that stop fraud and keep our elections secure.
- Parental Rights: I will fight for the rights of parents to be informed about their children’s education and to make their own decisions about the health and well-being of their children. Nothing is more important than protecting our children from indoctrination, and I will make that my top priority in office. The idea that woke bureaucrats and radical teachers know better than parents is not just wrong, it is evil. I will defend parents in court and ALWAYS put families first.
- School Choice: Children should not be trapped in failing public schools based on their zip code. I will continue to stand up for choice in education, including charter schools and opportunity scholarships. It is time to put the power of our children’s education back in parents’ hands.
- Rape Kits: I will devote the resources necessary to clear the backlog of rape kits and restore confidence in the State Crime Lab. The misconduct allowed by Josh Stein and Roy Cooper is despicable and a stain on our justice system. I will ask the General Assembly for additional funding to do the job that past attorneys general have failed to do.
- Set Politics Aside: I will take seriously my constitutional and statutory duty to provide legal representation to state agencies without regard to politics or outside influence. Unlike the current Attorney General who puts his own self-interest before the people of this state, I will honor my oath of office to uphold the Constitution regardless of my personal political beliefs.
- Standing up for North Carolina: I will put North Carolina citizens and taxpayers first. Unlike previous attorneys general, I will fight back against federal regulatory overreach. I will oppose unconstitutional mandates, out-of-control bureaucratic red tape and fight for our rights in court.
- Pro-Business: I spent most of my career in the private sector. I believe in free markets and private enterprise – they make America great, and we cannot yield to the radical left and their socialism. However, as my career as a public servant has demonstrated, I am not afraid to hold corporations accountable when they violate the law.
- Pro-Farmer: Agriculture and related businesses make up one sixth of North Carolina’s economy, generating over $84 billion and accounting for 17% of the state’s income and work force. Our Attorney General must respect the vital role our farmers play, and support them in any way they can, a much-needed change from past attorneys general. I will oppose federal regulations that are destroying our small farms.